4/16/2015

Rainbow gathering - The guy with parmesan

That was the second food circle, but it already got late at night. And cold. I was freezing, and considering to skip the whole thing, until i heard that that evening they had pasta. Pasta, warm pasta, after eating sprouts, half raw wheat and salad all the time. I didn't even know that it was allowed to eat pasta. I forced myself to wash one plate and started to look around for a place to sit, even though I didn't feel like sitting on the cold ground at all. And then I saw him - a guy sitting next to a candle, on a blanket. I didn't even hope for the blanket, but sitting next to a candle would give me at least a bit of illusion of warmth. But then he invited me to sit on the remaining half of the blanket. "But, is it free?", I could not believe. Yes it was free. It was so much warmer on this simple thin blanket. I was already feeling much better, it was like little tiny light in the tunnel of desperation, desperation because of the cold. The guy said he was from Germany. Like most of the people he didn't wear shoes. I asked him how he is not cold. He said he feels the cold but it does not bother him. That I should learn it. That it all depends on your attitude. If you tell yourself "I'm so cold", then you will be cold. Instead you should think "now I want to get warm", and you will get warm. And indeed, all the people around were dressed almost same like in the day, and most of them were barefoot. And no one seemed cold. But I know that it was freaking cold on that night. Maybe between 5 and 10 Celsius.

The first dish arrived, the salad, and I saw the guy taking something out of his pocket and cutting pieces of something into his dish. "Ginger?" I thought.  "Maybe some special root?". I looked closer and it was. . simply cheese! "Cheese?!" "Yes, parmesan, you want some?" "Oh, this is cheating:p" "no, this is not cheating,it's enjoying life:p The blanket is enjoying life as well". That was such a nice accent, a bit of normality among the weirdness of the whole thing.

The next day I took a closer look at the guy in the daylight. He was wearing a gadabout style hat, with kind of long hair braided in thin parts, with different sorts of beads on them. Colourful and lively. Very strong and consistent image. And very positive.
- "..and so sometimes I don't understand those people. I ordered the coffee and the man behind the counter was like 'but you have to pay. NOW' - as if I was going to grab the coffee and run away with it. What the hell. So I paid and I saw that there's kitchen and a sink and some glasses. So I go inside to drink some water and then someone stops me, and says I can't enter there. They call the manager and he says 'you have to leave this place, you can't enter this area without shoes' 'but, eee I'm waiting for the coffee I just ordered' 'then can you please wait outside' well so I asked 'can I have a takeaway coffee at least:D'". Someone else added "Yea exactly, and can you imagine you actually have to pay to pee? Who invented that?? If you don't have money you can't pee or what?" "Yea every time I go through the gates I feel life there's a camera watching whether I paid 50 cents for my peeing, haha:D I always smile and do a stupid face to them:D". Someone else added "Where do they want me to pee if I don't have money? Shall I go there and pee in front of the door, if they don't let me in? :p".

No comments:

Post a Comment